The newest buzzy ingredient isn't entirely new at all. Rice in skincare has been part of Southeast Asian communities for decades as people shared anecdotal evidence on how to use rice & rice water for softer, more youthful-looking skin. K-beauty anyone!
Rice is composed of 6-8% protein, and this forms a layer of film over the skin, effectively moisturizing and conditioning the skin. Rice bran extract in particular has a high level of antioxidants compounds, fatty acids and polysaccharides, and with its unique chemical profile, has the ability to support antioxidant activities on the skin.
Cook it, eat it... or use it liberally in your bath routine. Either way, it’s essential care for your body and skin.
Join us in our first workshop this year as we unravel the simplest yet effective ingredient that can be used for your skin, body & hair!
- ◾️ Schedule - February 23, 2022 at 10.30 am
- ◾️ Max number of participants - 5 (in-person)
- ◾️ Suitable for 12 years and above
- ◾️ Venue - address will be emailed upon confirmation
- ◾️ Workshop duration - 45 mins
- ◾️ DIY recipes -
- - Learn how to make and store rice water
- - Learn how to use rice water for 3 different purposes
- - Learn to make 2 recipes - rice water mask & rice body scrub
- ◾️ Instructions and reference material will be provided upon completion of the workshop
- ◾️ A hands-on session where you DIY products to take home. We will guide you along the way
All ingredients will be provided including containers but we encourage you to bring your own recycled containers if possible in a bid to reuse and repurpose.
- ◾️ We reserve the right to alter the schedule under special circumstances. Participants will be notified as soon as possible
- ◾️ Please note: workshops are non-refundable. Write to us at email@example.com should you require to modify the booking. We allow one change per booking (at the sole discretion of Escential The Body Tonic)
- ◾️ We will start the time stated sharp so please be punctual for your time slot
- ◾️ Open for ages 12 and above
- ◾️ If you’d like to book us for a private event, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reply at the earliest
You May also Like
I’m a huge fan of your soaps and especially love the ones that can scrub! We only use your soap bars at home as we conscious of ingredients and want to use natural goodness on our skin. I’ve gifted your soaps to friends and family and have heard nothing but good feedback from them too!
I started using Shaily's soaps about a year ago & to this day, I'm so happy to have found her brand - our skin is so much better for it, particularly my arms & my husband's back are so clear now, which we never thought possible. I have learnt so much from Shaily about skincare & the right ingredients & regime for me. Thank you so much for all your great work & your fabulous brand & I can't wait to see the great things you do next!!
With a lot of choice out there, I’m so happy to have found a local producer offering soap that I trust. I really love the natural ingredients and the broad variety of products on offer. And having already tried the personalization service I can say that I don’t need to look any further. Excellent service which I love
WHY CHOOSE US
All our products are handcrafted in small batches and packed with love to maintain freshness so your skin gets only the best
Ingredients matter, period! We choose sustainable ingredients from fair-trade suppliers that are natural, results-oriented, and environmentally friendly
Say NO to Nasties
We say no to SLS, SLES, parabens, harmful chemicals, artificial color or fragrances, fillers, silicone to ensure only the best touches your skin
We love our little furry friends and do not believe in animal testing. All ingredients are sourced from vendors who follow fair trade practices too